Sponsor a Horse
Our therapy horses are very special horses chosen for their temperament, movement and size. They don’t have an easy job as we provide over 2,500 rides a year. They receive lots of big hugs and treats from grateful riders, but it takes more than love and treats to keep horses healthy and happy. It takes money!
These active, working horses are hearty eaters and require a caring staff, farrier services, veterinary care, and stall bedding. Over the course of a year, each horse costs an average of $5,300.
By contributing to our adopt-a-horse program, you enable us to provide high quality care for our horses, while keeping our rider fees as low as possible.
Sponsorship levels start at $500. Sponsors will receive:
- A plaque placed on a stall with their name
- Horse’s framed photo to display in their home or office
- Recognition on Heartland’s website
- Unlimited time to stop by and visit their sponsored horse
Avg. Annual Horse Costs: $5,300
- Grain & Supplements – $600
- Hay – $625
- Bedding – $275
- Ferrier Services – $300
- Veterinary Care – $700
- Care-taking Staff – $2,800
- All Creatures Chiropractic, Inc.
- Janet and John Bennett
- Cinzetti’s Restaurant
- Maura and Gavin Fahey
- J.A. Lillig Excavating, Inc.
- Rolfe and Katie Loomis
- McCarthy Companies
- Mike Messbarger
- Mid-American Saddlebred Horse Club
- Margi and Keith Pence
- Plaza Catering
- Eva Mari Joni Roeseler
- The Rose Family
- John and Melissa Scher
- Jennifer Smith
- Arthur and Barbara Stern
- Maureen Gowen Urness
- The Woodworth Family
Make your donation today — no matter how big or small our horses thank you!